Tuesday 23 January 2018

The Sugarcane Exposé

Hello there, it's being a little while. Today I want to help us understand a little bit of how a man feels in the murky waters of you (his wife) versus others. My childhood friend got married to the love of her life not too long ago, but before the marriage they had been through some really turbulent times. The turbulence, however, is not what I want to talk to you about.

The story is that my friend's boo had a way of cutting her sugarcanes specially. I can't tell you just how special he did them because I never took note.  The point here is, one day, boo's brother came calling and bought them some sugarcane. My friend then told boo to make them for her in the special way he used to, he probably gave a flimsy excuse or just snorted away. My friend wasn't too happy with that, after all boo knows she's pregnant. Could he not have been more considerate?

The truth of the mater, especially to an African man, is that he does not want to be seen, called or imagined as a weakling who is always at the beck and call of his woman. He wants to be in charge, to be RESPECTED by his woman. To my friend, doing what she wanted would have been a simple show of affection, but to boo, it would be belittling him before his brother. There is the third party, other persons' creation of conflicts in our relationships that we as women find difficult to understand. In our bedroom, my husband and I argue extensively over issues we are passionate about. However, when we are with other people, he would rather I don't argue too much. Does this make sense to you? Think deep and tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment