Wednesday 1 March 2017

Blood is Thicker 2

Here I go... Imagine mother in law visited, and for dinner, you spent time in the kitchen to prepare a sumptuous meal. However, on presentation at the dinner table you hear "I don't usually eat this...son you remember now". Your poor husband placed on a spot apologises to her and turns to you with that look only the two of you understand. "Mum, I'm sorry. I'll just go make some wheat meal for you. Would you like that?" She doesn't as much as turn to answer you. You get to the kitchen to do it anyway... Now while in the kitchen, I want you to note some things;
1. She's not going to be there forever.
2. Your husband knows what is going on and he is on your side.
3. Your kindness is only going to frustrate her plans.
4. Most importantly, he is your husband now, not Mama's baby.
So, hang in there, set your eyes on the big picture,  after all as I wrote earlier in What is the Colour of Love there is enough love to go round. Ponder on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment