Sunday 20 January 2013

Food and the Man's Heart

It is popularly said that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, could it then be the reason for men's attachment to their mums? After all she has fed him from as long as he can remember. Then comes Cinderella who thinks Prince Charming should be hers and hers alone and 'boom' the war begins. Mother-in-law becomes a witch (she was not witch enough to have killed her son or stopped him from marrying you) and Mrs becomes 'that spoilt brat'.

However, if we are to be objective, I think if this two 'stomach queens' join forces they could make the best King ever out of our Prince. My husband has this nostalgia about aubergine

aubergine



and he would always remember the woman that cooked the best one he ever ate- his grandfather's wife Ashana. Unfortunately for me she's dead, but you see, if she were alive I would have packaged some from my present location to her and asked her to teach me just how she got to my husband's heart via that food.
I think  I would have done same with my mother-in-law too. What I am trying to say here, gals, is the kitchen                    
could heal and better any relationship. After all, Dr Leman says 'Sex begins in the kitchen'. Hey, I am a good girl (ask my husband), but truth be told. Cheers!" 


No comments:

Post a Comment